Friday, May 14, 2010

Gridlock:sugar free

Back to Aldis for some more generic cheap ass drinks.

Taste- Not sure if its the sweetener or what but they took monster sugar free and made it taste even worse. Its still drinkable but barely, and with the vitamin taste that they didn't cover up it makes it taste kind of like red bull.

RATING-2.5/10

Buzz- For only a dollar you should defiantly pick this up for the energy alone! Exact same as monsters blend. 2500 mgs glucose, l-carnitine, caffeine, glucuronolactone, inositol, gaurana and maltidextrin. 200 mgs ginseng and 1000 mgs taurine. 6 mgs vitB6. 2mgs vitB12. 20 mgs niacin and 1.7 mgs riboflavin.

RATING-9/10

Total amount of mgs-3,749.70

Over all rating-5.75/10

10 comments:

  1. Taste is not that bad has a good taste

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink these all the time! $0.89 at my aldi store. They rock. I don't taste much difference between this and Monster. It's definitely better than red bull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree with the previous post. I can't tell the difference, and I have tried a few blind taste tests with friends and they can't tell the difference between this and Monster. And considering you are saving about $2 a can...

    I am thinking you must have gotten an old can / case. Same with your other Gridlock review. I am not going to say that this is the greatest energy drink I ever had, but I truthfully can't tell the difference between this and Monster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my friend isreal drank 5 cans and ended up in the hospital this stuff is stong

    ReplyDelete
  5. just drank one and was surprised.. It wasn't bad at all and having all the same as Monster is an added plus. Will buy it again

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought one today and I'm pretty excited. I love monster drinks but they are pricey. I have my gridlock in the freezer now. If I like it Gridlock will be my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My only real question is this...

    How much caffeine is actually in a can of Gridlock?

    ReplyDelete
  8. they don't seem to be re-stocking this excellent product at Aldi. any idea what's up with that? This has been my primary go to drink since I made energy drinks a part of my diet. Don't want to go back to paying 3x as much to Monster for the same product.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I work at ALDI, the reason we run out of stock so much is because people buy out the blue half of the case and nobody buys the green ones. Ever. So our presentation stock never goes out of stock, but there will always be green cans because nobody will buy it, and we can't order more because our shelf space is already occupied by the green cans. In short, if you see the blue lo-carb ones, buy them all as soon as you see 'em! Cause they won't be back for weeks if not months. :)

    ReplyDelete