Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rockstar: Relax

About time a these relaxation drinks hit the big time. I could usually only find them online or sometimes at the mall for 4 bucks, but now I can just go down to my local gas station where I usually get my 2 for 3 drinks and the name energy drink heaven is familiar. Its either a hit or miss with these anti-energy drinks. Lets see if Rockstar knew what they were doing.

Taste- A mild candy like guava flavor. I had to look at the can twice to check if it was sugar free, they are just getting too good at making sugar free drinks taste great. At this rate I wouldn't mind if they all were and with the way its been going there hasn't been a new drink in over a year that hasn't been sugar free. I mean theres no actual guava juice this time, and Ive never even seen a guava fruit but its tasty. Pretty much my whole life I never thought I could say something sugar free is tasty, and that means I really like it!

RATING-10/10

Sluzz- 25 Mg's chamomile. Was never sure how to say it but my parents would buy the tea to help them sleep. I don't know how much was in the tea bags but it never really helped. Sure it probably calms and relaxes you and that's all its supposed to do, along with relieving stress. Its also can cause uterine contractions which can lead to a miscarriage. (they forgot to put that on the can). 50 Mg's passionflower and rosehips. 25 Mg's l-theanine. Its pretty obvious what these ingredients do so I'm not going to rant about it but like the drinks that usually don't deliver they don't have many Mg's. This one doesn't, it could just be my personal reaction but it didn't make me want to pass out like others. From the looks of what they were trying to market it is just supposed be a drink to make you chill not put you to sleep. But that could be an excuse for the short list of ingredients. All 4 combined might create a little effect but don't expect to be sedated.

RATING-3/10

Total amount of Mg's-150

Over all rating-6.5/10

15 comments:

  1. There are a lot of great energy drinks in the whole United States. I myself likes Verve energy drink and this rockstar as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would you recommend as a better relaxation drink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cannabis herb.

      Delete
    2. Koma Unwind. And yes cannabis herb also :)

      Delete
  3. Marlys mellow mood. Purple drank. Those work very well

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate that! When people say things like this it reminds me that Im never going to stop doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Energy Drink Heaven - You just thanked a spam post...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, MDMA doesn't really pertain to this post... With that said, thanks for the review. You mentioned 'Purple Drank' is that different than Purple Stuff? I just had one of these Rockstar's this morning on an empty stomach, and I definitely feel chilled out, and somewhat tingly. Pretty cool for a caffeine free, sugar free, drink.

    Also, the drink does contain tea extract, but not from Chamomile; it comes from Rooibos Tea Extract. The Chamomile is just a 'Chamomile flower extract'. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol. Well fuck em. and yeah its different. Both good drinks though

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's awesome if u mix it with vodka! I'm feeling so chill right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Check out KOMA Unwind. You can get it direct from the website or Amazon. Some say if you call the company they will send free samples. KOMA just starting to break out. Just signed a deal to be distributed to 78 Walmarts in South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow screw you man, this drink made me fart blood

    ReplyDelete
  11. there's no melatonin in this, that's why it doesn't work

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its called 'relax' my best guess is they were aiming for relaxation. Just a wild guess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is by far one of my favorite drinks. I have at least 10 cans of these on my shelf in my room. Absolutely perfect combination. The first few sips are a bit repulsing, but once you take bigger sips, you will fall in love. 10/10

    ReplyDelete